SEO Tools of the Trade
If you attended my SEO Audit Site Clinic at SES San Francisco, or even if you didn’t, a common question I’m asked is “what tools do you use?” Don’t fret, here’s the list of my favorite SEO Tools that help me get the job done:
SEO Audit Tools List
Throughout the presentation, I was continually asked which tools I was using. As promised, here’s the list of what I used this morning:
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider for all technical aspects of crawling the site
- SEOQuake browser plug-in for determining site reputation and awareness
- SEMrush for determining search terms and rankings, top keywords and competitive research
- Majestic SEO for all backlink profile checking
- Google Page Speed Insights – to check site speed
- Google Structured Data Testing Tool – to check for Rich Snippets / Schema markup
- mobiReady – to check the mobile experience
- Ranks.NL Page Analyzer – to check page density and various other on-page metrics
For keyword research, I also suggest SEMrush. They feed data to other keyword research providers, so why not your needs, too?
If you made it to the site clinic, thank you! If you didn’t get your site graded, contact me and let me know. I’m honoring the discounted rate on my SEO website audits that I promised at the clinic and the Meet the Experts tables. Use the form at the right to contact me to get your site audited today!